Saturday, October 2, 2010

Friday's Ride and SURPRISE...a Ride on Navajo too!!

I was working at my aunt till 3 or so yesterday and since my mom was there got to leave early. We came home and then I headed right out the door to go ride Navajo. Navajo's new owner Riley just broke his collar bone so he can't ride for like 4 weeks or something like that. So his mom e-mailed med and asked if I could or wanted to come ride Navajo. I said sure. So yesterday I got to ride him. He met me at the gate with his miniuture horse friend Duke (which unforantatly since I was dumb enough to forget the camera didn't get pictures of either Duke or Navajo). Duke was really friendly and so cute :-) Anyway I went and got the bridle and hopped on bareback. Since it is really muddy here after all the recent rain we have had I rode on the road. Navajo did really good and I sure have missed walking and trotting him bareback. I can tell I haven't done it in a while that is for sure..hehe! The one sign (a sign that says what kind of corn is in a field) really freaked him out. He had only seen one one time here and it was windy so I figured that was what his problem was. I got off and led him past but not before he got really excited about it. He was acting pretty crazy about it. But he did pretty good . I got on him and headed back. Overall it was so wonderful being able to ride him again. I am planning on going back sometime soon :-)

Once I was done riding Navajo I headed over to Sharon's place to saddle up Beauty and head for the trails. We didn't ride on the trails then because of it being really muddy and we would of had to do a lot of walking so we went on a longer road route and did mostly trotting (some walking but not very much). When we first started out Beauty kept wanting to be ahead and not behave so nicely. I told Sharon I wondered when she is going to act dumb in the saddle..it was just going way to smoothly (which is a good thing by the way but by the way Beauty acted on the ground I knew the time is going to come she is going to act bratty in the saddle sometime soon). Beauty remembered the neck reining that we had taught her and she fought a bit at first but I could tell the more I rode her the better she was getting although right before we turned into Sharon's driveway she acted a bit dumb again. Crazy stubborn hard headed horse. I am starting to be able to tell when she is honestly confused and when she is just being stubborn. She is quite the bullheaded horse because when she gets it into her head that she isn't going to listen it takes quite a bit of telling her what to do to get her to do it!! Overall it went really well with her and I am happy that she is improving slowly :-D Today I hope to ride Curly so I guess we shall see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment