Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday Morning's Ride!!

This morning I rode before I headed to work. I groomed Daisy first then tacked her up in the English saddle and bridle. I got her to stand nicely and got on. She walked off but I got her stopped. Then I rode around the barn first but then I headed out the field. I cantered Daisy a bit and the cool thing is I experienced the elasticness of my elbows that I read about yesterday (Jane Savoie's article in the Horse Illustrated not sure what Issue but her article on collection). Anyway that was cool. I cantered her twice the length of the field then came back and started working on Daisy understanding the aids to stop. First I still my hips and pull my stomache in then close both my hands into fists around the reins. At first Daisy walked right thru my aides but then the one time she stopped and I released everything right away..and as soon as I did she walked forward and back on the aids went..she stopped and started a few times like that but the nice thing was she stopped when I asked for it. Then I asked her to go forward and we walked a ways and I asked her to stop and stop immediately she did so I released everything and I got off and praised her. IT WAS SO NEAT. I am enjoying training her..she is fun :D Hope you have a geat day and off to work I go ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment