Monday, January 4, 2010

Goals for the New Year

These are goals I have for my personal life and for Navajo and I.

My goals:
- I would like to become closer to God.
- I would like to read the whole Bible thru (already started on that but I want to completely
finish it by the end of this year:)
-I would like to change in ways visible and invisable to me and others.
- Oh and this one I don't know how good I will be at keeping it but I want to try my best..it is
working with Navajo at least 10 minutes per day (except Sunday)..And that doesn't include
riding..Riding would be extra :) Some days we would obviously ride instead of work but on
training days I would ride and work. We will see how it all works out.
Those are just a few of my personal goals.

Now for the goals that I want to achieve with Navajo and I:
-I would like to get him to move his hindquarters and forquarters without much pressure at all.
This is going to take quite a bit of work but I really want him to be able to do this:) It will show
obediant he is or at least I think so.
- Sidepass eventually.
-Learn the basics of Dressage (we have a good start on this I think).
- Get better at Flexing his neck.
- Get really good at inhand work, such as walking, trotting and stopping when I do...He does
really good with this already but I want to get to the point that I don't need an halter or lead
to do this.
- And last but not least maybe SOMEDAY get him to ride bitless. I don't know if this will ever
happen as he doesn't listen the best without a bridle but I think we could eventually achieve it
if we work on it.

These are a few of my goals..Some are to achieve THIS year and some are for the future..I might add some later as I think of more but these are just some I can think of:) I think they are good goals. What are you goals for this year and the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment