Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday's Work Session!

Fianllay a Work Session..Been a while since I updated on anything Navajo and I did together :D :D

Anyway this morning I did work with Navajo...I went out and mucked out his stall and cleaned up manure:) Then I went out and got Navajo (I turned him out while I was mucking out the stall/run in). I got him to do some backing up and he did that pretty good..He kept wanting to eat and put his head down to eat but I kept making him bring it up..Was not to happy with me but I was like you silly goose you can eat all day..hehe.

Then I got him to lift his right leg to shake a leg:) He did very well with that. Then I got him to move his hindquarters around..He has definitely really inproved with that since this summer:) Because I had to really really push him to get him to move ANYTHING but he moved it when i asked..EVEN his forequarters which he just recently started getting better at that..That is one thing I want to teach him this coming year is to move his fore and hindquarters from the saddle..We will see how that goes:)

Then lastly I got him to flex his neck..He did ok with that..That will need work:) Hope everyone has a great week:)

No comments:

Post a Comment