Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesday's Ride!!

Today I got to ride..It is a little windy out but not to bad. It is a bit muddy too:) Anyway I got Navajo and groomed him and loved on him a bit..Then I bridled him. I hopped on and we rode back behind the barn by the field. I walked him a bit to warm up and then I stopped him and asked him to move his hindquarters to the right..It took a bit of persuasion but he got it..Then I asked him to do it again..I got him to do it 3 or 4 times. Then I asked him to move them to the left. That took a bit more persuasion but he did it..I got him to move it a few more times.

I was like well you are doing so well moving your hindquarters lets try the forequarters. He did it very good on the front as well..Amazingly he actually moves his forequarters better from the saddle than he does from the ground..Not sure why but he does. Then I rewarded him by petting him and letting him stand for a bit..Then I did some backing too. He does ok with that too!

So since Navajo did so well with moving his legs around I figured now we can do some trotting an cantering! He was all for it..I think he liked the idea of moving his legs only this time forward :D Well we cantered back and forth and then I let him go..We cantered for a nice long stretch..He seemed really happy and like he had tons of energy after that :) I am so happy..Overall it was a very productive ride..I am very happy to have him as a horse!!

No comments:

Post a Comment