Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday's Ride!!

Today I did get to ride Navajo..I decided to ride him with reins hooked to his halter since he had done so well with the lead rope the other day! So I got on him and rode him down the strip..It was a bit amazing to me how well he did (I should not really have been amazed because of how well he did the other day) because the last time I rode him down the strip with just reins on his halter he didn't listen well nor did he go where I wanted him to! Well this time he did awesome..he listened quite well to my leg and rein cues..I got down to the corner and decided to see how well he would do with moving his hindquarters..he moved them to the left ok but wouldn't move them to the rigth..I guess he didn't feel like it or was a bit sore..Probably just old age or because he was in a bad mood..Whatever the reason He didn't move that way:) I got him to go in the field which we haven't done for quite a while as well. Over all it was an interesting ride and profitable as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment