Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tears

NKJV

Psalm56:8 You number my wanderings;
Put my tears into Your bottle;
Are they not in Your book?
9 When I cry out to You,
Then my enemies will turn back;
This I know, because God is for me.

-------------------------------------
KJV

Psalm 56:8Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?
9When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me.



To me it is amazing that God keeps our tears! I never really thought about it before that God would treasure the tears we cry. I was thinking of the song For Those Tears I Died (words found here: http://my.homewithgod.com/heavenlymidis2/tears.html) and I then thought of God keeping our tears in a bottle:)


Along with this thought I was thinking today a lot of how God is our Refuge and Strength!

Psalm 46
1God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
4There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
5God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early. 6The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
7The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
8Come, behold the works of the LORD, what desolations he hath made in the earth.
9He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
10Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
11The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

(this is becoming to be one of my favorite chapters in the Bible)
I mean wow God is there with us NO MATTER the situation. He knows what is going to happen to us, He sees the big picture. I know things don't happen by mistake or coincidences such as us meeting certain people..GOD planned it. But it is our choice weather we want to go with what he has planned or go the way SELF wants to go. I don't know why but I have been doing a lot of thinking and also these things come from the last two Sunday's. Two weeks ago our minister preached on Psalm 46 and then this last Sunday our minister preached on John 8:1-11 and of God's forgiveness! God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment