Friday, September 24, 2010

Moonlight Ride!!

Wow the Moonlight Ride is something I think I am not going to forget. There were about 10 people on the ride and some brought their own horses. Anyway we headed out about 7:30 I am guessing because it got dark soon after we were on the ride. We did more walking today than we did any time I rode but it was because we did a lot of our riding in the dark. I didn't mind at all because the moon was very nice and bright and it wasn't cloudy either. We walked over the covered bridge and I really liked the sound of all the horses crossing over =) We walked for a while longer till we got to the field where Sharon and I cantered Wednesday night and we cantered there. Beauty had no objections to being at the back of the group and she cantered very well despite the fact there were lots of other horses. We soon came to the creek (Wednesday night we had crossed over the creek (it has a little bridge that is low enough that the water still goes over it a bit) and Beauty didn't want to go at first but she did go when Sharon came back with Bean and walked in front of Beauty again) and Beauty followed the other horses like she had crossed this creek every day in her life but I figured she had seen it last night and it didn't bother her when we were crossing it so I wasn't to surprised!! We did some more cantering but it was dark enough that we did walking the rest of the way. I really enjoyed myself and Beauty did so well. I know each time I ride her I can see a bit more improvement! That really makes me happy. My cousins are going to be coming to ride Sharon's horses on Saturday and I will be riding Beauty (most likely) so they can see how she acts and how she has improved =)

I am off to the beach for the day!! I am so excited..hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment