Friday, September 3, 2010

Riding Curly!!


I rode Curly tonight for the first time. We started out at a walk till we were warmed up. They have started putting the corn up so we have some places in the corn field we can ride. The wagons that they use to haul the silage to the silos were in the field and Curly didn't want to walk past them but I got him to go by without a fuss! Then off we went at a canter. We cantered for most of the time with some walking put in (he is in good shape so I wasn't worried about him). I stopped him when we were headed away from the pony at the neighbors and he was fine but didn't want to stand still. So I kept telling him to stop. He didn't like standing still so I kept asking for it. He half heartedly tried to rear but I told him in no uncertain terms that he may not he do that. I rode him for about half an hour then came back and hosed him off. He left tonight to go back to Sharon's tonight (she came and picked him up) because Sharon was really interested in breeding Beauty and I talked to my cousins to see if they were interested and they were so that is why he is going home. I have Ebony one of Sharon's other horses here till Curly comes back (most likely anyway) because Curly needs some work =D Guess we shall see! I will get some pics of Ebony this weekend!

attatched pic is of me and curly after our ride!!

No comments:

Post a Comment