Monday, September 6, 2010

Saddling Beauty!!

I am so tired but I had lots of fun today! I got some very good bargains at the Horse Auction today. A breaststrap ($5 a good price as some are $20), bucking set ($7 also a good price sometimes $20), a saddle stand for $10, a leadrope for $5, and a hackamore for Beauty for $15. I was so pleased with the deals I got. We went into the sale barn and watched some horses sell. They had some really flashy paints which was cool. Anyway then we (Sharon, "Little" Andrea (really not little but there are two Andrea's so that is how we tell them apart) and me)) headed back to Sharon's. Andrea left and then Sharon and I went in and grabbed some lunch. We then headed out and did some things outside. We got Beauty out and worked with her in the round pen a bit. We lunged her and she did really really well. She remembered last time! I know she is a smart horse and is not dumb in the least!! Anyway we then got the saddle ready to put on her. We put it on her and tightened the girth a little bit but not enough to worry Beauty. Lunged her again and no bucking. Then we tightened the girth so that it would be ready for a rider. Lunged her again and still no bucking (wonderful). Then we put the hackamore on her and that didn't faze her either. I lunged her a bit with that then I led her around with the hackamore. A girl was there and she asked if she could hop on her for the first time. I said sure I don't care. Well she hopped on and her dad led her around at first but then they trotted her a bit and eventually Beauty would go without anyone holding onto the hackamore. Really really great. Then we ended on a good note and hosed her off (She is doing really good with that too). I dewormed her and turned her out! I am so pleased with her progress. She didn't put up a fight in the least to the new things we introduced to her and that made me happy. She didn't mind the rider on her back and I can hardly wait to get on her myself and work with her!! Guess we shall see! I am seeing progress and that had me happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment