Monday, October 25, 2010

Daisy is HOME!!

I didn't get a ride in on Curly last night like I had planned..well actually my evening got changed around but that is ok. Sharon called me around 4 and said she has a problem. She asked if it would be ok if we switched Daisy and Curly around because Daisy has a sore on her withers and she needs antibotics but Sharon doesn't have more room to have Daisy and Blaze (one of the ponies they have right now) seperate to feed them both grain. (About Daisy's sore...we figure it is from the saddle because Daisy has high withers..we are going to get another thick pad and that should put the saddle high enough up so it won't bounce off the withers. We were very careful to make sure it didn't rub and such but what we were figuring is whenever we cantered it came down on Daisy's withers and caused the sore..The saddle fits perfectly otherwise. Sharon said the sore with the help of soaking it in epson salt and antibiotics it will go away within a week or two. She has had this happen already to her (Sharon has that is) and she said if you take care of it it isn't to serious). So anyway Daisy came home last night. I am not glad about the circumstances but I figure this way I would rather the sore appear and treat it than have it just fester that we can't see it and have Daisy sore and grouchy about that! I can't ride her for a little while but I figure I am going to do some groundwork and bonding time with her and also see about putting weight on her in that time! Will post pics later of her arrival!

p.s. Continue to pray for Julio the horse that might have a tumor!! No updates as of now!

No comments:

Post a Comment