Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Cantering Daisy Bareback in the Field and Christmas Caroling!!

Wow..my week of not working sure is nice and I am having fun while I am at it too!! Yesterday it was soon time to head out the door to go Christmas caroling with Sharon on Horseback but I wanted to ride Daisy first. SO I hopped on her bareback and started to just ride her around here. I knew she was going to act dumb but I didn't lunge her despite that..I figure she can learn to act decent without lunging all the time although I know that does help a lot. Anyway I got on her and walked her around which she does really great at..now we just need to work on the trot and canter :) I asked her for a canter and she started off a little weird then she did some bucking. The first time I didn't do anything because it surprised me the second time I wacked her for that. I know lunging probably would take care of that but I still want to her to learn that even if I don't lunge her that does not mean she may act that way...I want her to learn it just in case something should happen that I wouldn't have a choice to lunge first that I will have a dependable horse to ride. Well after I wacked her for bucking she didn't buck :D Then we cantered and I decided I am going to be brave and head out to the field. My reason for staying away from the field pretty much was that I know she loves to run full speed and I didn't know if she would get it in her head to run full speed or not. Well she didn't and she cantered very nice for me. I was so happy. It was a wonderful ride over all. Not to long but short and sweet sure can be better sometimes!!

Then after I was done riding out the door I headed for Andrea's house! I borrowed our friend Cheri's horse Autumn to ride that night while Andrea rode her horse Sweet Pea. We headed over to Sharon's house to meet the other 10 riders and the wagon pulled by two draft horses. After everyone was ready we headed up to Fairmount homes to sing. First we tied our horses outdoors and went inside to sing then we went around the outside and sang at the cottages. WOW it was SO MUCH FUN!! After we sang for a while we headed back to Sharon's for a treat and some warm drinks. Sweet Pea had broke loose up at Fairmount and also got loose at Sharon's so we left her there at Sharon's and Andrea and I rode double back to her house :) It was so much fun doing that..Overall it was a wonderful and fun evening despite being frozen :D I would do it all over again though :D

No comments:

Post a Comment