Sunday, December 12, 2010

Cantering Daisy Bareback!!

 I love this picture!!




Yesterday I actually did get to ride. I would have updated yesterday but I had a youth thing in the evening. Anyway I lunged Daisy first (which I did get some pictures and will add them) and got my mom to take pictures while I was doing that. She got some good ones. Daisy settled down and on I got, bareback again. My intentions when I got on at first were just to walk till I was ready to trot. I wasn't scared or nervous really but it still had me a bit jittery :D Anyway Daisy finally settled down to a walk..she was acting like a nut and not wanting to walk nicely for me but she did. Once she did I was like ok we can trot now. Ok now you got to understand. Daisy can trot like nothing else..she could trot all day and not really wear down (maybe not quite but it isn't difficult and it is really smooth). I ask her to trot and she trots yes but not smoothly which I know she can do because I have done it on her with the saddle and bareback (last time). She made me quite upset because she was trotting in such a way that I kept sliding all over the place because she had no rhythme. Anyway I was like ok lets try this again. We did that numerous times and then she just went into a canter without me asking her to. Once she did I was fine and I was like this is fun. Then the next time we did it I asked her for it and off we went. WHAT FUN! I would have gotten pics but my mom went to the store before I had finished lunging Daisy. Anyway that is yesterdays ride!!


p.s. no riding today as it is raining and tomorrow it is supposed to be really cold so we shall have to see!
Oh and the last pictures are the first time I rode her with the English saddle. I never got around to posting them before!

No comments:

Post a Comment