Thursday, December 9, 2010

Riding Daisy Bareback!!

Tonight I rode Daisy :) I lunged her first and she was acting like a nut (wanting to change directions whenever she wanted to..found out we don't do that). I lunged her for a while and by the time we were done she was changing directions without me even doing more than stepping in front of her!! I was so happy!! Then I hopped on her bareback. Ok I did this like two or three times but never faster than a walk (I am getting my confidence slowly but surely..this is how it worked when I hopped on Curly bareback for the first time..didn't ride him full speed then either). Once I felt comfortable going at a walk (at first she wanted to act dumb which I was a tad amazed I stayed on but I did) but she soon figured out if she walks it will be more fun for her. After we had walked like I said till I was comfortable then I asked her for a nice trot and trot she did. I was so happy and proud of us!! I can't wait to try it again. I must say this quote: Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway. -John Wayne
I wasn't terrified but I was nervous and not at ease until I had been on her for a bit. But I must say it felt good to overcome my nerves and feel comfortable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment