Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday's Bareback Ride!!

I got to ride again finally. It has been really cold here and last week I didn't feel so good either but I feel back to normal again which is SO NICE!! I groomed Daisy and she stood completely still in the same place without me haltering her or tying her. I was impressed. She loves to spend time with me :D Then I put her western headstall on with the hackamore which the cool thing is she stuck her nose right into it. Then I brought her over to the bucket so I could get on and she walks front but then the second time I bring her over she stands nice and still and I get on..then I go over to the gate and open it while on her..the first time I did that ;) So we went down the strip and I can't remember the last time we went down that way. Some of you may remember that I was having trouble with her shying when her right side is toward the road. She did really good and only spooked a few times..I was really impressed. We went out in the field and cantered good..I would have done it more but I had my snowboots on and they aren't very nice for running bareback (they are a bit big for me :D). Anyway that was my ride and I was very happy to ride!!

No comments:

Post a Comment