Thursday, June 28, 2012

Riding Daisy, Ponying Silver and the Creek

Today my cousin Sarah rode Harry, Sharon rode Speedy and I rode Daisy while ponying Silver. Before we ever went on the ride I put Silver on a rope and took him outside. He followed me quite nicely. Almost as good as Daisy does :) :) Then I went out to the meadow and got Daisy..she turned toward me and followed me in..I thought that was really neat. I put the stirrups on her and off we went. At first we just walked but we did canter a tad bit and Daisy did well with ponying and Silver acted like he had done this before but I don't think he did. Either way he did awesome. When we got to the creek we went into the water and Silver didn't even hesitate. We even swam both him and Daisy together and he seemed to really like it. I believe it felt really refreshing to him. Daisy loves the creek no matter what :) Overall today was a very good day with Silver and I was glad that I was able to use Daisy to pony him. Tomorrow I think we might pu the saddle on him..We shall see how things turn out. I loved on Shasta and the babies a bit then headed out. Tomorrow I want to work with Shasta a bit too..we shall see how things all pan out! Hope the rest of your week goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment