Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Riding Daisy and Ponying Freedom

My plans changed so instead of working the horses tomorrow, I had the chance to do so today! I wanted to work both, but since I had a limited amount of daylight left I decided to ride Daisy and just pony Freedom along. Haven't done that in a bit and thought it would be good for him. Also give him something different to do besides line driving him. I rode Daisy with my natural ride and the snaffle bit. Both horses did well. It was so fun watching Freedom. He loved walking in the leaves along the road. He seemed to like making extra noise with his feet as he walked thru them. I think he just liked hearing the sounds of the leaves. Silly horse. Also he loved to bump his nose against the mailboxes. I think he enjoyed going on an outing that he had the freedom to look around and just check out his surroundings. The one thing he did was so funny. We were on our way back and there happened to be a very small puddle alongside the road. Well Freedom didn't see it till the last minute and I don't think he realized what it was so he very quickly jumped to the side. The expression on his face was priceless. It was a look of total surprise, of where did that come from. He did really good over all. We did a lot of trotting and he kept up well. Daisy did really well to. A couple of times she didn't want to slow when I asked her but at the end of the ride both her and Freedom were doing wonderfully. I must say it was fun having Freedom along :) I know he enjoyed it and Daisy seemed to like having a horse along as a companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment