Thursday, February 13, 2014

Some Thoughts and Fun with Sisters

 
Tomorrow is Valentine's Day :) Not sure what that all brings to your mind but for me it brings to mind the song, Therefore Give Us Love. In preparation for Valentine's Day, the one day as I babysat the boys, I drew hearts and Cameron and I colored them. Most of the hearts were the traditional, pink and red, with a white one thrown in here and there, but then Cameron got the idea to make a different colored hearts and I did the same too. Kinda like how they turned out. We hung them on the windows just for fun.
 
Been reading in 2 Corinthians and this is a verse I came across:
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us. -2 Corinthians 4:7
I love this promise God uses a earthen vessel (us), something fragile and easily broken, to spread His glorious message of Christ. We have no power in and of ourselves, it only comes thru Him, but we have to allow HIM to shine through us! I really enjoyed my journey thru 1 Corinthians but I think my favorite chapter was chapter 14 where it talked about prophecy and speaking in tongues. It was quite an interesting chapter and it got me thinking on a lot of things :)

Tonight it was snicing (ok so its not a word but my sister and I thought sleeting was a funny word for ice mixed with snow so we thought snicing (snow and ice) fit better) :D. Rose Mary went with me to the horses because I wasn't sure how the driveway would be. It turned out to be pretty decent so we parked at the top and walked in. We fed my horses and put shavings down in the run in shed. Loved on the horses a bit and made sure that they weren't too wet and they were still nice and warm. Talked to Anthony and Lori a bit too. Overall we were having a lot of fun!! We were talking and joking. On the way out, I made a snow angel in the snow (which if we figure right we got about 10-12 in on top of the 8 in we already had). Rose Mary and I were throwing snow at each other and making up words. Oh the fun one has with their siblings :D  Guess we shall see if there is school tomorrow! Hope you have a great evening and a wonderful Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, siblings sure can be a blessing. (sometimes) Fun hearts! :))))))

    ReplyDelete