Friday, March 28, 2014

Electricity


Ah the feeling of success. After dealing with my fence being down for the last week, it feels great to have it up, electric through it, and the animals respecting it (so far). When I planned for the fence to make the corral and split the meadow in half (to rotate the horses to help the grass), I hadn't really planned to put electric through that part of the fence. Well after Freedom took down my 3 hours of work in no time at all, and led the other animals through the fence, I knew that I would need to put electric through the fence. Tuesday I fixed my fence again and took Freedom and put him in another meadow. I wasn't able to do the electric till this evening. Anthony was able to help me out. He pounded the ground rods in and hooked up the electric while I fixed some stuff on the fence. It took us two hours but when it was all said and done, it did work! I must admit that Anthony and I might have had a bit too much pleasure when the animals got shocked. Daisy was the most fun to watch. She was sniffing the fence and you could tell instantly when she got against. She jerked back, farted and took off. The shock on her face was priceless. Freedom didn't get shocked yet as far as we could tell but as long as he doesn't get through the fence, its fine with me. :) So although I spent my evening doing the fence, I am thankful it is done.

Tomorrow morning I have a wedding but in the afternoon, if I have time, I hope to maybe ride or drive Daisy and work with Freedom. Also have the youth thing in the evening so we shall see what all I have time for! Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment