Friday, October 15, 2010

New Shoes and Teeth Floating!!



I didn't ride Beauty today actually her owners did. I think both Beauty and them did well. She behaved better than she has for me sometimes which made me happy!! They rode her for a while (not sure how long) and then they had to leave. Sharon and I loaded Daisy and Beauty into the trailer and took them over to the farrier who also floats the horses teeth! They first did Daisy's hooves. Sharon and I both said we don't think her hooves were ever done before (never trimmed or shoed but her hooves were not in bad shape at all) so when Matt (the farrier) was shoeing her she was acting real dumb. And it wasn't a scared kind of dumb either..she tried to kick the farrier and was hopping all around..Not good at all. The farrier wacked her a good one for trying to kick him. I was like hey girl if you don't behave you will get disciplined for it!! Once the shoes were on they did her teeth..POOR GIRL her mouth was all cut up :(:(:( Her cheeks were a swollen and even cut a bit from her teeth. She wil be sore for a bit :( The farrier also gave her her dewormer :) So I hope between the dewormer and getting her teeth done she will get some weight on her!! Beauty did pretty good but she was hopping around and being dumb about everything but she did pretty good considering it was her first time! Her teeth weren't bad at all!

I added two pics of Daisy from Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment