Saturday, November 6, 2010

Groundwork with Daisy!!

Today was a nice day and since I still can't ride Daisy I lunged her again. She did really good and I got her to canter a few times. She tried to fight me a bit but she soon figured out that isn't going to work for her :D I slowed her down and then got her to stop. I went up in the barn and got two long boards and set them up straight across from each other and lunged Daisy over them. I want to get some PVC pipe but I don't know how soon I can :D I first walked her over them a few times and she didn't care one bit about them so I lunged her over them. She did really good! Then once I was done lunging her I got the lead rope and got her to move her hindquarters. Daisy did AWESOME with that. And I didn't even have to touch her..hehe I used the Clinton Anderson Method..hehe..hard to explain. I also got her to back up. I praised her for all the good work she did. I took her and tied her and then groomed her. I picked her hooves out and compared to the fight she gave the farrier, she did great!! I was so happy!! If tomorrow works out I plan to do the same thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment