Saturday, November 20, 2010

Riding Daisy with the Saddle!!

Today I got to ride Daisy for the first time with the saddle since her sore. Anyway I lunged her first and boy is my little girl fast :) She can turn corners like nothing else when she is cantering :D Ask my mom she was like wow she is quick. After I lunged her I took her up to the barn and saddled her up. We have another cut back saddle pad and now I don't have to worry about her getting sore again :) I put my foot in the stirrup and she decided she could walk off. I brought her back and put my foot and weight on her and she didn't care so on I climbed. (I know she isn't sore because I have checked that every day till I knew she wasn't sore and she hasn't been for a while now). We headed out the field and she wanted to run so I asked her to canter. SHE IS SO FAST :) I had so much fun riding her. I got her to slow down a bit for me but overall she did really well. She LOVES to run and I mean LOVES. She doesn't even want to trot. I am thinking it is because of having so many weeks/days off from riding that she has a lot of energy :) I am hoping to ride her quite a bit..guess we shall see!! Have a wonderful and blessed weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment