Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tuesday!!

This morning I lunged Daisy because the farrier was coming. She did ok..definitely worse than the last time I had lunged her but it had been a little bit. I am seeing some different things I should do. One day of the week at least I should lunge her before I ride and then ride. Not every day but I have a few things in mind I want to do...one day lunge before I ride, then another day work on a few things I want to teach her while I ride and another is to maybe look into starting ground driving. These are just a few things that have been running thru my head. Anyway she did ok and I didn't lunge her for terribly long but I hopped on her a bit with the English bridle (no saddle) and worked on her responding to the bit nicely. She did well with that. Overall I rode her for probably 15 minutes. Then I put her out to the pasture till the farrier came.
Then when the farrier came I went and got Daisy. I figured we would just use the regular lead rope once and see how good she stands. Well she didn't stand at all so we got the stud chain out and that made it go a ton better. She hopped around a bit but she did a ton better than the last time. I was so pleased!!
Sharon had lent me her bitless bridle that we had gotten made..I tried that tonight on Daisy using the bitless bridle and english saddle. It worked quite well and I think I want to try it on the road yet and in the western saddle to really get a good opinion. I was pleased though how it worked. Here is somewhat what our bridle looks like: http://www.bitlessbridle.com/  http://www.bitlessbridle.com/cat/Users+Manual.html (better explanation)..ours is a little different but it has the same idea. I am so happy!! I can't wait to play with it a little more and try a few things to see if that makes it work better!! Daisy seemed to like it and she did awesome!! We trotted around the barn and even cantered in the field some. She is just doing really well for me! We even trotted up our hill in the orchard and walked down it. She didn't really like walking down the hill so much but she did it for me :) Hope you have a good evening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment