Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tuesday's Lunging!!

Today I lunged Daisy again. At first she was acting all frisky and didn't want to trot she just wanted to canter to the left. I was like ok fine don't listen to me canter then. Canter she did (she listened to me though and cantered really smooth and didn't pull at all). Then I got her to turn to the right and canter that way and she cantered but kept pulling. I slowed her down and got her to trot to the left really nicely..I mean it couldn't have been better. I did it to the right too and wow I think she did the best she ever did for that side..she did just as well for the right as she does for the left..a definite improvement..now the canter just needs work. Then I was like ok time to work on the canter to the right now. At first she kept pulling and the minute that I got her to canter one circle consistantly without pulling I turned her and stopped her. It didn't take near as long and it was very successful. I am planning (unless it is too muddy) that next time I can I am going to ride instead of lunge her (either Thursday or Friday). She has done so well and I am so proud of her. I still have the lunge line over her nose but I want her to be good at this before I take it off so I don't undo what all I did. Hope you have an awesome rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment