Friday, May 18, 2012

2 Corinthians 12:9

And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. -2 Corinthians 12:9

Just thought I would share what I have been learning :) These past 2 weeks..well almost 3 now..I have been really struggling with my job as far as getting used to it and not being sure if this is where I am supposed to be. At first it was a big adjustment for me as far as the hours were concerned. I really really LIKE the work in itself, it was just the fact that the hours are so different and it was just a big adjustment all around. I have been praying about it a lot and asking God if this is where he wants me and such. Note: I work at Bird In Hand Bakery and Creamery (http://www.bird-in-hand.com/index.php/places_to_eat/eat_overview/bird_in_hand_bakery/) and my hours are 3-11 am during the week and 2-10 Saturdays which I only work two Saturdays a month). I didn't realize when I started there they work on Sundays (they have an afternoon shift if I understand things correctly) which to me isn't right because I believe Sundays is a day of rest and I don't feel right working for a place that even if I don't have to work that shift. So right now I am in the process of seeing if I can work at the bakery I wanted to work at in the first place. Here is a link: http://www.bihbakeshop.com/. My mom worked there before she as married and it has always been my dream to work there. Right now I am waiting on an answer as far as to when I can start there if at all. So we shall see. But I do feel that I am supposed to stay right where I am at for now but if the opportunity arises to change if I feel that its God's will I will change :)

This verse (2 Corinthians 12:9) has meant a lot to me because I have been leaning on God thru this time. I have been drawn closer to him in a way that I wasn't before. I actually a while back had prayed for God to draw me closer to him in a way that is visible to me...well I got what I prayed for and beyond. I feel very stretched..spiritually but I am thankful!! I know God is with me regardless of what happens as far as my job goes and I am thankful for his patience with me. God is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment