Thursday, August 15, 2013

Bareback and Bridleless


Yesterday (Wednesday) I rode Daisy in the evening. She was running around the yard, for the fun of it I guess. I had gotten her out like I always do and then she took off toward the back and was running around the meadow where the other horses were. It took me a bit to get her but I caught her. I laid her down, praised her, and then asked her to get up. I then took her to the arena and hopped on her bareback. I had a rope around her neck and using that as reinforcement when she didn't respond to leg and seat aids. I must say though she did amazing!! I rode her for probably 15 or so minutes and we did some walking and some cantering. She responded really well to all my cues, stopping and starting, turning and everything when I told her to. I was really happy with how it went!! I want to ride her some more like that and get some photos ;) Hopefully this weekend.

Today I rode with my cousin at Sharon's place. I rode Goldfire, palomino QH (I think). Enjoyed riding her ;) Then this evening then I rode Daisy again only I didn't ride as long and I rode in the meadow with Freedom. Daisy did pretty well but not as well as in the arena which didn't surprise me to much. Once I had ridden her I worked with Freedom a bit ;) I got him to back up and respect my space. He did really well. I am pleased with how both my horses did for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment